Halo is a platform for communities to discuss, connect, and share in a private environment, giving people a safe place to stay connected with their neighbours. While participating, it’s important to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others so that we all may continue to enjoy Halo for what it is.
While Halo generally provides a lot of leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these were written, and know that looking for loopholes is a waste of time.
Content is prohibited if it:
- Is illegal
- Is pornographic
- Is sexual or suggestive content involving minors
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Uses Halo to solicit or facilitate any transaction or gift involving goods and services
- Is spam
In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviours are prohibited in halos
- Breaking Halo or doing anything that interferes with the normal use of one or many halos
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content
Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace is not permitted unless seen as a requirement to the safety of the community, such as incident photos of nearby acts deemed a threat.
We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Removal of content
- Banning/Deleting of entire Halo communities
Administration within communities
Admins on Halo enforce these rules. Halo provides tools to aid moderators but does not prescribe their usage.
Want to feel part of your community?
Where are halos today?
1500 streets in Islington
500 streets in Walthamstow